Monday, January 30, 2012

All about me

Well, hmm.  I can't say I have a chance to, or need to, write very often anymore.  I never found great joy in writing.  The most I write nowadays is when I have to do my nurse's notes at work, and even then its not that much.  I do love to make lists, lists for everything.  I do happen to have a favorite pen, a nice little fountain pen that writes oh-so smoothly.  Favorite paper?  Something with lines, otherwise I write crookedly.

Since I am not a huge writer, this semester I would like to learn to find joy in writing.  I think I lost it in nursing school.  I wrote all the time when I was in basic training, but maybe that was because I was cut off socially from the world except by way of written word.  During that time I also had a little journal that I used to write my random thoughts in.

I think one of my greatest weaknesses would be my flow of words.  Sometimes I just don't know how to flow smoothly between my statements.  But I'm going to work on it, I promise!  Strengths?  Well I'd say I'm fairly creative.  But I'll let you be the judge of that over the semester.

While I may not be a huge fan of writing, I absolutely adore reading.  I am working on building myself a library.  (You know, like the massive one in Beauty and the Beast.)  I just finished reading Miss Pelegrine's Home for Peculiar Children.  Read it in half a day!  Now I am working on Alice I have Been and Faery Tales.  Some of my favorite authors include Dan Brown, Jodi Picoult, Nicholas Sparks, J.K. Rowling, and James Redfield.  My rule of thumb generally is the book has to capture me in the first 50 pages, 75 if I think it may have potential!

1 comment:

  1. Very well done!Thanks for the info. Your writing seems to be clean, clear, competent, well-detailed, with a nice personal voice. I'm looking forward to reading more this semester.

    ReplyDelete